What Is Legal Advice Home FAQs With a Sex Offense Attorney

FAQs With a Sex Offense Attorney

Have you been sexually assaulted? Such a traumatic experience can leave you frightened, angry, and confused. The video offers some guidance on how you should proceed. The lawyer in the video answers some commonly asked questions about this offense.

The first thing you must do is report the sexual assault directly to the police. If a sex offense occurs at work, you should report it to your employer and the police.

Do I need a lawyer if I have been sexually assaulted? The public prosecutor will handle the criminal case against the person who assaulted you. You will need a lawyer if you want to bring a civil case against the person who attacked you.

Video Source

You can also bring a civil suit against the organization you work for if you believe their negligence led to the assault.

What can a lawyer do to help me? A lawyer will investigate the assault, collect evidence, build a case, and prepare to put it before a jury. However, such cases tend to be settled out of court.

If I have an ongoing criminal case involving sexual assault, can I file a civil suit? Yes, you can and you should. The reason is that there is a statute of limitations. It is usually 2 years from the time the sex offense took place. Now you know the answers to some of the frequently asked questions concerning sexual assault.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Post